Tuesday 3 July 2007

Pacuare - who, what, where, when?

Pacuare is the name of a very long, beautiful river in Costa Rica. It also happens to be the core of a "Coast to Coast" Costa Rica trip, run by various adventure companies, which I took in 2001. Cutting to the chase, a lot can happen in 6 years; specifically a meeting of hearts and minds and two gorgeous and fun (do I sense a hint of bias) children called Thurston and Freya (more on Nordic references at a later posting) - hence the Pacuare People blog, with a boy called Simon and a girl called Karen. Writing of boys called this and girls called that - a Pacuare music fave has to be Antje Duvekot and a personal fave for me is a song called Dandelion. Brilliant, though not if you're planning a land speed record around your local park. On a shuffle fuelled run her music and lyrics always distract me from the pace! As an aside, a song is about the only place a dandelion would find itself welcome in our Pacuare People habitat, thought I'll leave the gardening talk to Simon. And I am told entries are best kept short. I fear I got overly enthused with my first ever contribution.

No comments: