Wednesday 22 August 2007

Saints Fan Of The Season (so far)

The bald bloke in the picture is called Snowey. He follows Saints everywhere. On Saturday he was ejected from the ground by some over-zealous Norwich steward. Snowey says he didn't do anything to justify being chucked out of the ground. Anyway, didn't matter, two minutes later he was in his hotel room in the Holiday Inn next door watching the game. Rather pathetically, he has now been banned from the Holiday Inn!

According to Snowey:
"For the record I was asked to leave the ground for allegedly telling a steward to F off. Very surprising as I had not had any conversation with the steward in question until he and his support came to ask me to leave. I had spent most of the match sat down but was standing at the time of their request for me to leave. The chap next to me was standing as were several hundred other Saints fans but nothing was said to either he nor they! The steward had singled me out for attention for no apparent reason at all and was oblivious to all of the other fans around me at the time who were protesting my innocence.On arriving at the window I did wave my Saints shirt to attract the attention of my friends and show that I was OK but the reports of me shouting and singing are totally incorrect as anybody who was in the ground will testify. There were no 'hotel rules or regulations' regarding the wearing of football shirts of not wearing a shirt or opening of windows. To be accused of behaviour likely to incite a riot are ludicrous and a gross exaggeration of the situation.At the time I was fuming at being asked to leave but kept my head as I knew that if I had kicked off, I would have been arrested and ejected. If that had happened then a report would have been made back to SFC and I could well have faced a lifetime ban. Those of you who know me know how devastating that would be, and for what, some jumped up little prat saying that I had sworn at him. A bit harsh don't you think? If it had been the likes of Man U or MIllwall or Cardiff, to name but a few, the stewards wouldn't be so eager to go into the crowd to throw innocent fans out. I sincerely hope that SFC don't latch onto this incident and withdraw my season ticket as a result of this incident."

The BBC report of Snowey is here. Top man!


No comments: